9 April 2016

Building a happy life with my husband...

Mme Ibba

My name is Nicole Ibba. I was born on December 29th 1945 in La-Seine-sur-Mer, France, so I am 70. I can’t say that it has been easy, but it has been a beautiful life that my husband Graziano and I have built together. I met him at a ball when we were 15. When I saw this beautiful Italian boy, I fell in love immediately. Three years later, he asked me to become his wife and I accepted. He is my first and last love. We have done everything together. I taught him how to speak French and he taught me Italian.

We lived through some very difficult moments. For example, at the birth of my twins, my husband and I lived in a small garage because we didn’t have enough money. My husband started to build a house and I started doing housework for others in order to earn a little money. It was easier for him because he was a builder. Graziano finally finished the house so I was really proud of him. It was a huge house where we could live normally.

At 22, I gave birth to a beautiful baby, Catherine. Unfortunately, my husband became seriously ill so he couldn’t work. I decided to go to get a job at the hospital. I very much enjoyed helping people in need.

I think I am a simple person who loves to smile and to laugh with the people I like. In fact, I am very sociable. I hate injustice and mockery.

I wanted to give my children all the things that I hadn’t had when I was young. Yes, I’ve been a bit of a “soccer mom” but I love my kids and I want the best for my treasures!

The thing that I regret most is stopping school at 15 because my family was poor. Today, I still want to learn. Sometimes, I write ideas down.

I also regret not having the opportunity to go dancing again. My husband and I love dancing but because of his illness, we can’t.

My life has sometimes been very difficult, but I can say I am tough, because Graziano and I started from nothing and now we have the life we wished for.

Article by Naïla DALI

No comments:

Post a Comment