30 April 2016

Looking back on my 71 years...

Mme Dondainas and a few members of her family

My name is Janine Dondainas, I was born in Saint-Amand-Roche-Savine, in the Auvergne, on the 18th of April 1945. I was born at a perfect time: right at the end of the Second World War. I lived out of town so my family and I weren’t affected by the restrictions. I’ve happy memories of my childhood; I grew up with brother who is two years younger than me. My parents took good care of us and took us to the countryside with all of our aunts and uncles.

School, especially high school, was a good time of my life, even if the discipline was strict. I especially enjoyed my French classes. Thanks to my parents’ encouragements, I was able to choose Literature studies and eventually become a French teacher. I really loved my job and the contact with teenagers, seeing them change and progress. It was a very gratifying job; it made me feel useful. I taught for thirty years in many different schools around Clermont-Ferrand such as in Ceyrat and Billom. I took my retirement in 2000 when I was 55 years old.

I’ve dedicated my whole life to the education of my own children too and that of my grandchildren. I have three boys and a girl, and fourteen lovely grandchildren who are between 1 and 27 years old. I really enjoy my retirement as I can now spend time with my kids and on my hobbies (the cinema, reading books, meeting up with my friends, travelling, etc.).

I am now 71. I have lived my life to the full and I am so proud of my family. I am convinced my children and grandchildren will all be happy, self-confident, successful, wonderful people.

I have done more or less everything that I wanted to do in life: I’ve met wonderful people, accomplished my most ambitious projects, and have been to all of the places I use to dream about. Obviously, sometimes I failed, but I try to remember only the good times!

Article by Jeanne BRIEU

No comments:

Post a Comment